Brief information about Indirect taxation courses in India
Indirect taxation is one of the most important elements of accountancy, which must be learned effectively in order to make a suitable career path. There are so many fields you can direct your way once completing indirect taxation course and gained some experience in the field of the accounting. Unlike direct taxes, which are directly charged to the individual income, indirect taxes are charged for individual expenses for certain things such as products purchased or services taken.
There are several institutes who offer best both direct and indirect taxation courses, which usually involves understanding the concepts of Income tax, sales, tax, service tax, VAT, etc., however, one should always do their research on their background, experiences and faculty before joining any institutes. After completing the certification course, the candidate will be able to find himself a better job opportunity and can even become a tax consultant or open their own tax consulting firm.
Moreover, this course is also a life saver for those who wish to pursue a career in the accounting field. Whether he/she wishes to join any high standard company as an accountant or have a desire to open their own firm, or even wish to hone their skills, this indirect taxation course will help them achieve target in an efficient manner.
What you will learn from this course?
- Service Tax in India: This tax is levied on the services provided by any entity, which is collected from the person using the service and paid directly to the Government. Service tax is implied on almost all the services in India expect the Negative list of services and is paid by the service provider to the Government if the total value of services offered by them exceeds the limit of Rs. 10 lakhs.
- Excise duty in India: These taxes are levied on those products which are produced in India and is paid by the manufacturer, which he perceived through the customers. The excise duty tax is fixed on the products as soon as it is manufactured.
- Value Added Tax in India: Value Added Tax, or simply VAT refers to taxes implied on moveable goods. It is the difference between the amount of the product from the point of its manufacturing and the amount of the product from the point of its final destination, which is paid by the consumer during the purchase.
- Customs Duty in India: These kind of taxes are implied on goods that are imported into India from foreign countries. It is also charged on products exported out of India. It includes import and export collections from various processes, penalties and offenses.
- Securities transaction tax (STT): STT is also an indirect tax charged at the time of purchase of securities through Indian stock market. These usually include mutual funds, shares, F&O transactions, etc, and its main motive was to decrease the tax implied on short term capital gains.
- Stamp Duty: Stamp Duty is an indirect tax, which is imposed on all the legal documents of permanent property by State’s Govt.
- Entertainment Tax: Entertainment Tax is a tax that is levied on entertainment and public amusement related events like films, shows, Amusement Park, Sports and is reserved for the State’s Govt.
Indirect taxation course objective is to produce finance professionals to gain access in this mounting field of accounting, hence join it with confidence and give your accounting and taxation career a flying start.
SLA Consultants India is a well known and highly admired training and development consultancy firm situated in New Delhi for more than seven years, who provides master class indirect taxation course along with many other training courses in several stream to help candidates find a promising job after graduation.